ShovelMetrics™ Fragmentation Analysis accurately measures rock fragmentation within the shovel bucket.
Over-blasting and Under-blasting
Efficient blasting is an integral part of any mining operation. Over-blasting results in excessive energy consumption and high explosives expenses, while under-blasting results in large fragmented rocks that overwork downstream equipment and shorten their lifetime. With an effective fragmentation analysis solution in place, mines can optimize blasting results and realize significant time and cost savings, while accurately planning their next blast.
The system utilizes a single camera mounted on the shovel, continuously monitoring and capturing images of the bucket and its contents. Using artificial intelligence algorithms, rock fragmentation within the shovel bucket can be accurately calculated. Benefits of this method include:
- Automated image collection, allowing images to be captured frequently providing better statistical representation and higher fragmentation accuracy
- Analysis of the interior of the bench face as opposed to only the surface
Rock fragmentation directly affects the excavation and transportation of ore from a mine pit to its processing plant. Efficient blasting produces desired fragmentation, which in turn contributes to optimized transportation and processing. With an effective fragmentation analysis solution in place, mines can optimize blasting results and realize significant time and cost savings, while accurately planning their next blast.
MetricsManager™ Pro is a centralized web-based solution designed to manage and analyze information collected directly from Motion Metrics embedded systems.
MetricsManager™ Pro for ShovelMetrics™ Fragmentation Analysis stores and analyzes rock fragmentation results, while providing management with:
- Fragmentation Analysis Reports. Each report provides valuable information to blast engineers including rock size distributions and p-values.
- Automatic filtering of images, ensuring only the best selection are included in report generation
- All Fragmentation Analysis data and reports in one location on the mine network
With this valuable information, blast engineers can analyze and determine the effectiveness of each blast allowing them to adjust their parameters for optimization. Users can access this information in real-time from a connected laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Click here for more information on MetricsManager™ Pro